We were delighted to have Boca Mayor Scott Singer as our guest speaker. Mayor Scott Singer is honored to have served as a strong voice for Boca Raton’s residents since he was first elected to the City Council in 2014. Scott was elected as Mayor in 2018 and re-elected in 2020 with 89% of the vote, receiving the two highest vote totals in the city’s history.
Singer graduated cum laude from Harvard University with a bachelor’s degree in government and received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center. He owns several small businesses, including a law firm focused on entrepreneurs. As an attorney, he has earned the AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbell for highest ethical standards and legal ability. Scott is also a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator and helps resolve business disputes.
Here is a link to Scott’s “State of the City” address at the downtown library.
Some of the highlights of Mayor Singer’s talk about the state of Boca Raton:
- Construction of the Brightline train terminal is progressing and will go live at the end of next year.
- Public Safety – 9-10% drop in crime in a low crime city
- Inspections –First in the state to develop an enhanced ordinance to inspect & repair buildings.
- Fire & Rescue – New programs put Boca in the top .5% in the nation.
- Economy – 2,000 new businesses; advertising to move to Boca Raton
- Transportation & infrastructure – Brightline station leads to the downtown restaurants, the arts and growth
- Traffic – Traffic problem reduced via better timing of traffic lights
- Infrastructure – $500 million program to upgrade roads and upgrading old water pipes with the lowest tax rate in the state
- Schools – Opening of Addison Mizener school and others will be rebuilt
- Parks – We have 48 parks with new Wildflower Park
- Other initiatives and awards:
- Top city award; gardens opened
- Tourism is up as well
- Mandarin Oriental Complex under construction
- Arts, Innovation and Fine Arts Center – $140 million center under development
- Overall theme: Boca Raton is the best place to live, work, play and learn in the state
Scott and his wife Bella, a certified public accountant, are proud to live in and raise their two children, Daniel and Rachel, in Boca Raton. Scott and his family enjoy Boca’s parks, beaches, and libraries. Fun fact – Scott likes fun facts and has appeared on two nationally syndicated TV game shows: “Jeopardy!,” where he was a champion, and “Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?”
Leave a Reply