Dear Rotary Family,
From the moment I submitted the application to the George Snow Foundation to receiving a phone call from Mr. Allen, my world changed a full 360 degrees. Going into College as one of the students that had a shaky future ahead, I obtained a Mentor, a Friend, and a Father figure that guided me through the best and worst moments of University life. As a Mentee from 2011, I would like to share some of the accomplishments that I have obtained from that time frame till now.
They are as follows:
- Robocats FRC Team ( Boca Raton Community high school)
- In high school I was Co-Captain of the Boca High Robotics FRC Team. The team reached 5th that year and we almost got selected for the finals, but were off by one point.
- Graduation of High School and Palm Beach Community College
- Allen and the Rotoractors of PBSC family were phenomenal. It was a great way to make new friends and smooth transaction to college life.
- Dirty Mechanics Robotics FRC Mentor
- After High School the new Boca Raton Robotics Club needed funding. With the help of Mr. William “Bill” Allen the robotics club performed in front of the Rotary Club of Boca Raton membership during a luncheon and it had every member on the edge of their seats intrigued by what the humble robot was to do next. Helping out with the future Engineers of the world was very rewarding.
- Acceptance to ERAU (Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University)
- It was a beautiful experience to get accepted to the Harvard of the skies. As a young Engineering student I was eager to be hands on with every project that was assigned. As a result, I became team leader for every project and learned the art of Engineering as a whole rather than participating on one part.
- My best accomplishment was to walk across the stage for the world to see on December 18, 2019, a Graduate as an Aerospace Engineer with a focus in Propulsion Systems.
- My new adventure in the world’s greatest Air Force
- I have enlisted as an E-3, learning the trade of Aircraft engine mechanics for high bypass Turbomachinery. Currently an AIT (Airman in Training) at Tech School, my projected Aircraft to be working on is the KC-135 in the UK.
- A Future goal and within the next two years will be to test for an Officers position.
Stay safe and well and stay tuned for my adventures are just beginning!
Your new Airman