We were delighted to have Matthew Lideca, CEO of HomeSafe as our guest speaker.
Since 1979, HomeSafe has been a nationally accredited non-profit organization dedicated to protecting Palm Beach County’s and South Florida’s most vulnerable residents – victims of child abuse and domestic violence.
Their mission: creating safer, more productive lives for infants, children, young adults and families.
Through their results-driven approach, they have grown into a leading provider of prevention and intervention services, serving more than 14,500 infants, children, young adults, and families each year.
HomeSafe provides the following programs:
- Healthy Beginnings – Funded by Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County, this program is focused on:
- Identifying and preventing child abuse and neglect
- Promoting healthy births
- Ensuring children are reaching their developmental milestones and are ready for Kindergarten
- Residential Group Care – Provides abused children with comprehensive therapeutic services to treat severe trauma
- SafetyNet – Provides immediate intervention and prevention services to victims of domestic violence and their children
- Independent Living Housing Program (Pond Place) – This program provides safe, affordable housing for clients who have “aged out” of foster care.
The amazing impact of HomeSafe –
- 42 years serving the most vulnerable in South Florida.
- 14,000 infants, children, young adults, and families helped by HomeSafe programs every year.
- 1 of 5 specialized therapeutic group care agencies in Florida.
- 100 children each year receive therapeutic services and live in a safe, secure and loving home.
- 44 of the 98 specialized therapeutic group home beds in Florida are managed by HomeSafe.
Leave a Reply