First Jeff acknowledged Yaacov Heller’s birthday. Lisa Talley brought some nice balloons, and the club all sang ‘Happy Birthday’ to him.
Next, Bill Riddick gave a report from the Fund Board:
- We had a record-breaking OPAL with $240,000+ in net proceeds.
- We should also be receiving money from our Boca West Foundation Grant in April.
- The Fund Board discussed how to expand our trade program scholarships so we can put our money raised to work. We are asking PBSC which trade programs are in need. Open to feedback from club members.
- There was discussion of setting aside some un-earmarked money (i.e. money form live auction and 50/50) to potentially start building an endowment as our reserve funds has grown over the years. Fund board will discuss idea at next meeting and is open to feedback from Club members
- Boca West Children’s Foundation Golf Tournament is April 4th. We already have 3 full teams!
Next, Vanessa Havener talked about how all the FL Rotary districts train President Elects (PE’s) together, and that I attended President Elect Training Sessions (PETS) as a District Governor Nominee, to prepare for next year when I will be on the PETS Board developing the training agenda and speakers. I described the incredible speakers and leadership training Rotary offers, including RI President Elect (RIPE) Jennifer Jones, Past Rotary International Director (PRID) Brad Howard and more. I encourage members to consider serving as President as it’s a great honor and because the real work of Rotary is done at the club level.