Shown above is a photo taken at BHH showing the donation of feminine hygiene products to PERIOD, a no-profit that provides these products to 10+ non-profits which, in turn, provide them to women in need.
Pictured above from left to right are:
- Greg Hazle, Executive Director
- Gary Hildebrand, President RCBR and Board of Director BHH
- Natalia Isabel, student at Grandview HS
- Jessi Li, student at Boca Raton HS
- Megan Enrique, Founder PERIOD & student at Grandview HS
- Pia Giannone, Rotarian and BHH Volunteer
- Lourdes Harman, Food Center Manager
- Bill Harper, Director of Food and Warehouse Operations
Megan Enriquez, in whom we sponsored her attendance to the Rotary Youth Leadership Academy (RYLA) program, is the founder of the non-profit PERIOD.
Megan founded PERIOD of Boca Raton this past March. Their mission is to help end period poverty and stigma through service, education, and advocacy. Our team is comprised of over a dozen high school students and over the past six months, we have distributed over 30,000 feminine hygiene products serving over 2,000 people through our nearly a dozen local nonprofit service partners.
PERIOD @ Boca Raton is a local chapter of the nationwide non-profit organization.