Pictured above are Club President Vanessa Havener with Mayor Scott Singer.
Scott provided a well-organized ‘State of Boca Raton’ presentation which is below.
A few major points:
- The new Brightline station is expected to open in early 2021.
- Guiding principles:
- Financially sound city
- World class municipal services
- Strong partnership with the community
- Vibrant and sustainable city
- Top three priorities for 2019-2020
- Comprehensive Traffic and Connectivity Planning
- Public School Safety Infrastructure
- Innovation and Business Technology Hub
- Lowest Property Tax, Water/Sewer, Fire & Library in South Florida
- Summary statistics:
- 526,250,000 operating budget
- 99,240 population
- 1,898 full-time employees
- 250,000 daily vistors
Thank you for sharing! Gay Voss (member of Boynton Beach-Lantana Rotary Club but has lived in Boca since 1964 but worked in Boynton Beach for 24 years.