Our member (and Club Past President in 2016-2017) Rachel Huerta is owner of Direct Primary Care of Boca Raton – a membership, medical practice that provides standard primary care services including prescriptions for a low monthly fee. This enables patients to see a medical professional quickly and have all the time necessary to discuss medical problems. Membership allows patients to have transparent pricing and low costs for labs and generic medications dispensed on-site! Services include Primary Care related visits, but Rachel can assist with a referral to specialists as needed.
Because it has been so difficult to get antibody testing – created from being infected by the novel coronavirus (also called Covid-19 or officially SARS-CoV-2), Rachel is providing a virtual screening exam and the antibody test (typically only available through hospitals and some large medical practices) to our Club members for $99.
Here are the easy steps to make an appointment and then go to the Nationwide Labs for the test –
- Sign up through the Direct Primary Care website via this link.
- The virtual screening exam plus SARS-CoV-2 Antibody test is $99.
- Note: This offer includes the test price and does not go through insurance. If you would like to submit for reimbursement to your insurance a copy of the visit, note and invoice will be supplied. Additionally, some of our Club members may have a Flexible (Health) Spending Account (FSA) or a Health Savings Account (HSA) You can use FSA and HSA funds to cover the costs.
- We all know how difficult it is to see our primary care physician. And, it’s almost impossible to get the antibody test outside of a hospital.
- Rachel is providing easy access to the test through her practice.
- Once registered via Step 1, you will receive a confirmation text with a link to download the HIPPA compliant Telehealth App called Spruce.
- You will fill out two visit notes: 1) New patient intake and 2) COVID-19 Screening.
- Rachel will meet virtually (via a Zoom-like video call, but HIPPA compliant!) to review your screening information and discuss any questions you have about the test.
- After your virtual visit, you will receive your lab order online via our HIPPA compliant patient portal and be instructed to go to Nationwide Labs at any time (no appointment needed). She will help you select which lab to visit.
- Results will be given to you within 24-48 hours.
Note: this package price is provided to the to our Club and our Club friends and families as well.
It is good to know if you have the SARS-CoV-2 antibodies for a number of reasons including:
Many people have little or no symptoms and end be being surprised when they find out they have a Positive Test result for antibodies (meaning they do have antibodies at the time of the test and, therefore, means you were infected by the virus).
- This likely provides some immunity to the virus although this has yet to be formally tested due to the virus being so new to world.
- Others believe have had symptoms of the virus but are unsure so this test will tell you one way or another whether you have had the virus or not.
- If you test negative for the antibodies (meaning you do not have them in your system), then it means you most likely have not been infected by the virus. You should then continue to live via Stay-at-Home and work to prevent you from coming in contact with the virus.
- There are both False Positive and False Negatives that may result from this test.
- If you get a Positive Test (meaning you have antibodies from the virus), it is important that you continue to practice social distancing and proper general hygiene as it is unclear if the antibodies mean that you have immunity.
- If you get a Negative Test You probably were not infected at the time of your testing. However, that does not mean that you will not get sick. The result only means that you did not have COVID-19 at the time of testing. Continue proper hygiene and social distancing.
If you have any questions, please call Rachel at Direct Primary Care at 561-530-2622.